Help need to identify age, engine size etc...

biffco

14 hours ago, pmk said:

The link I posted does have your number on it.  Shows it as a 76 350.  Not sure why it is green and not red as the list photo shows.

Because the paint on the tank has no bearing on the capacity of the engine. Same with the frame number. The engine number would be more useful.

• 1 year later...

I purchased a similar bike from italy - and was told the following info in spanish:

Hola, de ese modelo se hicieron en dos cilindradas de 230 y 250 cc son exactamente iguales, se hicieron básicamente para exportación y casi todas fueron a Italia, no hay cifras de fabricación, pero no creo que se hicieran mas de 200.

For me the bottomline a limited run of 250s have been made late in the run for Italy for Tax or whatever reasons.

And I have full road docuemtents that say it is a 76 with 250CC.

IMG_20190220_214552_303.jpg

Edited by daniels

• 1 year later...

Hi to All

This is my first post on the site. try:

http://www.vitalemaquinas.com/index_htm_files/IDENTIFICACION DE CHASIS.pdf

You can hi-light the text and copy paste into google translate. A great resource.

I have just emailed the authors to see if they will give written authentication for me to register my bike with the DVLA.

I'll let you know what they say and cost. VMCC library is not currently fully open due to staffing issue. They are

suffering with a backlog of requests.

Regards From Nick

Ossa MAR 1975 owned since 1988 in final stage of re-build now

Edited by Footstuck
further info