eBay ' universal ' brake levers

biffco

If you never plan to fall or hit anything they will work fine.  But like most of us, after you replaced them a few times, you'll wish you had spent the money on a good pair of forged levers.

Yes, avoid if possible.

if you do feel like buying some, get 2 sets and take the spares & some tools with you every time you ride !

I fitted some to a bike I was rebuilding , just leaning the bike against the workshop wall gently was enough to break them both,

both broke in the workshop before I ever rode the bike.

Domino, Magura , etc end up cheaper in the long run,

haven't tried the cheaper forged ones that are available, maybe they are good too ?

I have not done this yet, but was considering it.  Costly, though.  Has anyone run ARC levers and perches on a vintage bike?

These would be the folding style brake or clutch levers with the slipper style perch.  Was also considering the hotstart type lever for the perch clamp to be for the compression release.

I know, expensive, but seems kind of a sweet setup if it is known to work.

I bent a cheap clutch lever on my old nail TY250 at the last trial. Wasn't much of a crash by my standards... But, in the last 10 years at least I've never bent or broken a Domino lever,all my other bikes have them.I don't think there are any more comfy or easy to use levers available. Father Christmas may need to bring some for the Yam.;)

• Like 1