Me and the bike went under water deep end

littel

Sadly, if you have transported it home, let alone taken time to photo it, without draining it and getting it running then you are probably too late to avoid damage.  The essential bit is to get it running and hot in order to evaporare off all the moisture before rust starts.

Bent conrod is another matter of course.

• Like 3

I have did this to many bikes The last one was a 175 Bultaco in 1983 Had to dry it out there and then (long push home )The motor still runs to this day un opened since it left the factory Just changed crank seals and oil change Leave the motor with water in it the damage will be done as 2stoke 4stroke says

• Like 1

I pulled off muffler plug car air filter drained oil , gas kicked over with water coming out still need to turn up side down and kick some more 

I was able to fire it up today so it survived  .

As 2stroke4stroke says you probably should have had the bike started ASAP. I know a guy who waited till monday, after the trial on saturday and by this time the main bearings were pitted (sounded like a cement mixer) and needed replacing

Edited by faussy