18 GG?

imexian

I would'nt bother about it, the pint at your local pub is likely to have a more significant upgrade from year to year than most trial bikes.

The e4 bit stands for Euro 4 so it won't be an e5 next time. I've been told it will be the end of this year/early next year when the new Racing and GP model's are out. I know GG are a bit out of sync due to the problems they had a couple of years ago but I don't think that's a bad thing. I'm not sure what gain there is for Sherco and TRS to bring their 2018 bikes out in mid 2017. Just devalues anybody's recent new bike purchases for these brands in my opinion.

I have never understood these early releases, as said above it devalues that years bike and must make it difficult for the dealers moving current stock if the newer version is so close.

I think the old TY mono went a couple of seasons without any changes, if it works don't fix it !

On 06/07/2017 at 10:39 AM, tricky dicky said:

The e4 bit stands for Euro 4 so it won't be an e5 next time. I've been told it will be the end of this year/early next year when the new Racing and GP model's are out. I know GG are a bit out of sync due to the problems they had a couple of years ago but I don't think that's a bad thing. I'm not sure what gain there is for Sherco and TRS to bring their 2018 bikes out in mid 2017. Just devalues anybody's recent new bike purchases for these brands in my opinion.

My vans on euro 6 so i cant see e4 being that, regardless if they bring one bike out a year what diference does it make when (excludes racing models)

The regulations for bikes are Euro 4, completely different to the current Euro 6 on cars and vans. That is definitely what E4 stands for on the GG.

The official info on the 2018 TRS also has a quote that it is meeting the Euro 4 regulations

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

• 3 months later...

On 9/1/2017 at 0:54 AM, turbofurball said:

There's marketing blurb about it and the TXTe maybe becoming a production bike in On the Pegs

From what I got from the Gas Gas distributor in the USA, there will be two electric bikes coming out in 2018 - one without a clutch / gearbox (à la Electric Motion) in May (in the USA, maybe earlier in Europe) and one with the clutch and gearbox (similar to the one that Marc Colomer rode in Lourde last year) in June / July.

http://www.gasgasmotos.es/en/news/780-the-new-gas-gas-electric-trial-bike-to-enjoy.html

• Like 1