Beta 50 or 80?

dmc2028372

Hi all. Looking to move my boy up from an Oset onto a petrol bike, mainly because he's outgrowing it fast, also because the hassle of being in the middle of a wood when the batteries run out is p***ing me off!

if I go petrol the only option seems to be a beta  50 or 80. I know they don't make the 50 now, so a few questions. 1. Is there any other option bar a beta? 2. Is the 50 with a clutch and 4 speed a proper trials engine as the twist and go versions were little ktm units?

am I better going straight to a medium wheel 80? 

Yes, he's only 7 but he is a big strong lad for his age and towers over his oset 20! 

Thankyou all!

Same dilema, went for the beta 80. He had a beta 50 to play on a while ago, alongside oset. It had so little power compared to the oset, clutch very heavy as not hydraulic. Rev n go are good starters if dont want to start on osets but if you have had oset stick with it until ready for medium wheel 80. 

It's a big step at that age and bit of backward one until gets used to controlling clutch, starting it and choosing gears after the simplicity of the oset which is so easy to ride and throw about,but kids learn quick and worth it in the long run. I didn't consider the oset 24, after 2 years on oset time to move on. Most importantly, he agrees and will keep both until fully ready