Hi from barnsley

lavo

Just decided to buy a bike and try my hand at something I've always loved the look of. Didn't realise how hard it actually is but after a couple of rides am loving trying. Cancer took my mum last year so kicked me up the a*** to give it ago. So just a quick hello to everyone on here. 

I've bought a 1986 Fantic 241 mono shock. It's the bike I've always wanted since i was about 13.. I used to love kick start when i was a kid and loved the fantic mono shocks and the Yamaha TY250's.. I may buy one of those too when the right one comes along. I'm not very good yet so no trials for now, but will get a more modern bike in time when funds allow.

Hi there, sorry to hear about your mum too but if it encouraged you to get into trials then that's brilliant. Hope you get on with the Sherco 290, I had one a few years ago and it pulled my arms out. Just my personal opinion but smaller engines are easier for new riders and let you learn the basics without being intimidating. I ride a TRS 250 and I also have an 05 Sherco 125 which is perfectly competitive for most club trials.

Good luck and welcome to the best motorcycle sport there is!  

2 hours ago, Julian Taff said:

I've bought a 1986 Fantic 241 mono shock. It's the bike I've always wanted since i was about 13.. I used to love kick start when i was a kid and loved the fantic mono shocks and the Yamaha TY250's.. I may buy one of those too when the right one comes along. I'm not very good yet so no trials for now, but will get a more modern bike in time when funds allow.

I've always taken an interest in off road motorbikes in particular trials bikes and am so glad I've taken the plunge. I went to a trial recently and gave it a go. I loved it even on the easy route and everyone I met were brilliant. Personally I'd like to get more practice in before I do another 1 cause I felt out of my depth at times. Brilliant that you've got the bike you've always wanted mate. Give a trial ago you might just surprise yourself.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rav54 said:

Hi there, sorry to hear about your mum too but if it encouraged you to get into trials then that's brilliant. Hope you get on with the Sherco 290, I had one a few years ago and it pulled my arms out. Just my personal opinion but smaller engines are easier for new riders and let you learn the basics without being intimidating. I ride a TRS 250 and I also have an 05 Sherco 125 which is perfectly competitive for most club trials.

Good luck and welcome to the best motorcycle sport there is!  

Thanks for that mate. I agree with what your saying I really should have got a 125 but I rushed in and got the best looking newest condition bike that I could afford and just went for. I've put a slow action throttle on it just to tame it a little. Although I'm new to the sport I love it already and am already planning on getting out as much as I can. Although juggling my job, a wife, 3 kids and my wife's business it's not easy to get out that much.

Get to the next Evening trial next Wednesday at 6.30 Westwood at least you will get a ride, and .If you are who i think you are.Or nip up to Bumpy at Kirkstall  Leeds £15 none members for a practice open every day.

1 hour ago, bilks said:

Get to the next Evening trial next Wednesday at 6.30 Westwood at least you will get a ride, and .If you are who i think you are.Or nip up to Bumpy at Kirkstall  Leeds £15 none members for a practice open every day.

Should that be Dovecliffe not Westwood?  Also, do you know what time the evening trials kick off?  6:30pm?

5 hours ago, bilks said:

Brilliant, thank you for that. Got me abit worried with the if you are who I think you are though lol. Small world by the sounds of it.

On 7/13/2017 at 3:21 PM, waynerobshaw said:

Should that be Dovecliffe not Westwood?  Also, do you know what time the evening trials kick off?  6:30pm?

Do you need to be at a certain standard or can anyone just go? I'm not very good at all and my mate has just got a bike and could do with some practise too. 

On 7/13/2017 at 3:21 PM, waynerobshaw said:

Do you need to be at a certain standard or can anyone just go? I'm not very good at all and my mate has just got a bike and could do with some practise too. 

I think I might try and get to bumpy then a couple of times 1st then. Is there a better time or day when it's quieter for someone like me who's new to it or is it big enough for me not to be in the way or holding anyone up? 

19 hours ago, oni nou said:

I think they have 9 acres of land available up there....and if they are charging £15 a pop then you will probably find that you will have it all to yourself.

Joking aside there will be plenty of room to find yourself a quiet corner.....also you have Parkwood Off-road 10 mins away from there and that's £10 a day,

Didn't realise it was so big, that's brilliant then mate thank you for that. Definitely planning on trying bumpy out but will give the other one a try too. (A different location to fall off at and a change of scenery will be Nice). Can't believe how much fun and time you can have for £10 or £15. It's only the price of a few pints or 1 bet at the bookies for all day it's great. ( just wish I was better at it ha ha).