Medium wheel 80 v's big wheel?

dmc2028372

I imagine with a bit of work any modification like that is possible it's just a question of is it worth it.

Smaller wheels will only lower the seat height by an inch so perhaps the smaller bike has different forks and rear shock ?

Also how much is a set of special wheels and tires going to cost, how about just lowering the standard bike after all I assume the smaller class don't go over large logs or steps so perhaps the ground clearance could be given up to get the lower seat , just a thought. After all this must have been looked into before.

Some good points. I just can't find a second hand medium wheel 80 for love nor money. I'm not sure my boy is that keen that it warrants a new one. Is there anything else on the market that will plug the gap between and oset 20 and and a beta 80?

The Oset 24.0R is the same size as the Beta 80 mid wheel and has about the same power which can be adjusted in 3 different ways.

1. Speed

2. Power

3. Throttle response. The only difference to riding one as against the Beta is the clutch lever on the Beta is a rear brake on the Oset, so no rear foot brake.