2018 Jotagas????

evo boy

Factory kev???Is that a rumour ??the 2017 jotagas haven't been out that long they where released in May, seem to be very much an Italian brand now , they released a standard and a factory version , unfortunately they just don't seem to publicise things very well

There is a 2018 and it looks the part.  There are changes and improvements over the 2017.  IMO the JotaGas standard model for 2017 works as well as the factory models from other manufacturers, although I did spring for the extras on my '16. 

I don't believe there are any public pictures yet.  I was able to see it at the beginning of June, while at the factory.  I would say that particular 2018 prototype was a day away from fully functional.  I tested the 2017 and one prototype, non trials model.  Pictures were not discouraged, but I swore nothing would end up on the web, before the factory released theirs.

So what shape is the factory in now after all the bankruptcy stuff? is it still in gerona? Is it still owned by josep pibernat , it's a strange situation really it's as if it's a secret company with very limited publicity,if the bikes really that good why have they not got a rider on one in the world championship 

• 3 weeks later...

I get that he doesn't want to fund a factory team that makes sense, but saying there projected sales figures are 1000 a year is all well and good but how are they going to get anywhere near that if they don't advertise or promote the brand,hope to see something soon and good luck to them

I'm a fan and if I was ever to change I'd have one just because they ride well and they're different , it would be nice to see a few more around, you sound like a man in the know, any idea when the 2018 bike will be released or any pics details etc?

• 2 months later...

• 3 weeks later...

Has JotaGas been black listed?  They are at EICMA and have an interesting line up of machines, with several trials models, but I am not seeing any coverage of their 2018 product line up.  The only images I have seen has been through facebook. 

They are a strange bunch , I was hoping for abit more too, they seem to be channeling everything through jotagas-italia, what they have put up looks very nice the new 2018 design looks good sadly I don’t think you will see one in this country, haven trialsport where importing them but it looks like they are focusing more on enduro bikes now

If you like them that much and think there is demand then become the importer.

Steve saunders and Vince have both tried and despite the fact it seems to be an ok bike, neither would have given up if things hadnt been ok with demand and supply.

The problems they had were as far as anyone can tell cash flow related, or they simply werent selling enough.