Cylinder head stuck

scorpa0259

As above, I've took off the water hose and all 6 nuts, and also the bolt that attaches it to the frame.

its getting stuck on the frame bits that the bolt goes through and I can't seem to budge it for anything.

any tips? Thanks

Welcome to the pub puzzle of the modern trials bike where you have to disassemble half the bike to get to what first appears to be easily accessable. I don't know about the Scorpa but I suspect it's the same as the Beta and it'll become apparent that there's some little twist to getting it apart. You'll discover this after dropping the exhaust and the chain and the front motor mount to rotate the engine case so something else interferes with what you're trying to do.

Take your time and think your way through the problem. Any time working on the bike is a learning experiance. Might as well get the most out of it.

Why are you pulling the head?

• Like 1

The Birkett mod was to replace the studs and nuts with cap head bolts , that way once the bolts are removed the head just slides off without needing to lift the head over the studs which you cant without the head hitting the frame.  A mod worth doing once you got the head off.  HTH.