125 Size Differences?

sean65

This is probably a really thick question. Last week we bought an 04 125 for my daughters to learn to ride. We then found an 07 125 and so my partner reckons as there will be 5 of us then another would be useful.. as you do:o.

Anyway, getting it home and comparing the sizes, the 07, seems a lot lower in the frame and seat, even though on the same  standard wheels. If there a junior version, or is it just a deign feature of the year. It probably suits the girls more, but I was just puzzled by this.

So now two Shercos. There could be many a post. :D

you may want to check the preload on the rear springs and adjust them. Typically you would want about an inch of static sag with the bike standing under its own weight. Yet in your question, no there is not that much difference between the years although there are minor differences in geometry and shock length.

Cheers. I had just wondered about whether or not it was the preload, although as you say, it may be a slight change in frame design. Now the question of suspension set up is another issue. Static sag is when?

Yes pretty sure. I doesn't seem to have any less go than the other 125 we have. But now you have queried it I shall go and measure the piston height unless there is a better way from the engine/ frame numbers. The earlier 2004 has 124 near the beginning of the frame number, the later 2007 has 112. So this may not be relevant.