Rear wheel drag

hgas

My 14 4rt rear wheel is really stiff when turning the wheel by hand , this is even if the chain is off the wheel has newish bearings in and everything is greased up well, when I just put the spindle through the wheel with out the brake caliper it spins freely, when I try the spindle through the caliper with out the wheel it spins freely but when I mount everything together how it should it's really stiff , anyone had this before or know where I'm going wrong??

1 hour ago, hgas said:

My 14 4rt rear wheel is really stiff when turning the wheel by hand , this is even if the chain is off the wheel has newish bearings in and everything is greased up well, when I just put the spindle through the wheel with out the brake caliper it spins freely, when I try the spindle through the caliper with out the wheel it spins freely but when I mount everything together how it should it's really stiff , anyone had this before or know where I'm going wrong??

Hard to say really mate. All I can think of is spacers in wrong place or wrong ones.

If you slacken the spindle nut a little does it free the wheel off?

Do the bearings actually turn freely with no lumpiness if you put your finger in where the spindle goes and turn ?

If not then the bearings are rotating around the spindle.

Could also be seized piston(s) in the caliper or no free play in the brake pedal. 

Bearings turn freely and I forgot to mention the pads are probably ready for changing so there's plenty of free play there , lineaway you could be right the spindle could be slightly bent maybe ?

I think your right, I've just had another go this morning and I've noticed that it's fine until I tighten the wheel nut up , so what are you thinking fresh bearings and a new spacer in the wheel between the Bearings?