Hi from NE Thailand

thai-ty

Hi guys and gals,

TC newbie here, English bloke living in NE Thailand. Long time lurker, gleaned lots of tech info over the last couple of years, thought it might be time to join.

Sold up and moved here in 2003, brought my containers, workshops and bikes over in 2005.

Had road bikes all my adult life (16-56), had a m/c business in the UK from 1988 -2003, and have got into trials bikes the last couple of years. Always liked the look of 70-80's twinshocks and the air cooled mono's.

Started off with a Yamilia, Aprilia Climber rolling chassis with an RXZ135S Yamaha air cooled motor bored to 142cc. Soon outgrew that, sold it, and bought a set of 4 (FOUR) Japan Market 1984 Yamaha ty250 monos with the idea of building two nice ones from the four. Just finished them.

I will post some pics and details in the relevant forum sections.

Around this part of Thailand there is no trials scene whatsoever. So i have to play by myself. (!?)  The big thing up here is modern motocross bikes. There is a fairly lively trials scene in the NW of the country, but that is a good day's drive from here, think London-Glasgow.

I have 25 acres of land around and near the house, with some good climbs, gulleys, rocks etc, so plenty of practice and riding on my doorstep. I am thoroughly enjoying learning new set skills, balance and throttle control, but at my age i aint gonna be the next Lampkin. I'm also not that interested in the modern trials or latest bikes, much as i admire the unbelievable and jaw dropping skills, it does'nt do that much for me. I certainly won't be learning, zap, double zap, hop, scotch and jump stuff.

Regards,

Mike.

1492843851681.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

On ‎8‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 8:07 PM, biffsgasgas said:

That is so neat. Glad to have you here. 

--Biff

Why thank you kind sir. Over 300 views and I get a reply!

The bike is a 1979 Triumph T140E Bonneville, owned from new by me, one owner. Motor has been through many sizes from stock 750 to as big as 870 (liners too thin, kept distorting and seizing), currently 830cc. Anywhere between 803 and 840cc is super reliable. Been through many incarnations including a rigid frame and single carb head between 82 and 89, and it's current look was built around 94-95 as an advert for my then Triumph shop in the UK. Main claim to fame internally is a very rare, very expensive, very very heavy Weslake stroked full circle crank with Carillo conrods. Externally obviously the modified nickel plated frame with the competition Hunt magneto hanging off the side.

She goes as well as she looks....

11 hours ago, thai-ty said:

Why thank you kind sir. Over 300 views and I get a reply!

The bike is a 1979 Triumph T140E Bonneville, owned from new by me, one owner. Motor has been through many sizes from stock 750 to as big as 870 (liners too thin, kept distorting and seizing), currently 830cc. Anywhere between 803 and 840cc is super reliable. Been through many incarnations including a rigid frame and single carb head between 82 and 89, and it's current look was built around 94-95 as an advert for my then Triumph shop in the UK. Main claim to fame internally is a very rare, very expensive, very very heavy Weslake stroked full circle crank with Carillo conrods. Externally obviously the modified nickel plated frame with the competition Hunt magneto hanging off the side.

She goes as well as she looks....

And still the same bike!