Slow throttle vs fast

medeiros494

In case anyone is interested... all Montesa 4RT and 300RR's come stock with a black tube.  I thought the 300 was white tell I got my 2017 and found out they all come black.  

I am used to white from my 07 4RT having one from the first owner so ended up switching and like it better on both. (Personal preference)

A Domino tube works great as a replacement.

• 3 weeks later...

One of the most common injuries of trials riding is Tendinitis of wrist extensor  muscles. As a matter of fact, my riding is limited right now as I m battling it.

Less wrist motion is always desirable, specially when you start wheelies or stationary zaps and so on. to have to twist your wrist in extension while maintaining tension in your handle bars will lead to quick fore arm muscle fatigue.  fast action = less wrist motion!  you want fast action

Your brain will develop a memory to the throttle action. fast or slow, you will adapt fast. Throttle control, though important is a very early skill and self thought technique. Yes it will vary when you start more aggressive moves but by then you most certainly will have other more important things to worry about. 

If your bike comes with slow action from factory, leave it that way, its probably for a specific reason. but if comes with fast action, don't downgrade! and being Honest, if you re concerned about too much power or too fast acceleration, consider a 125cc. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, leosantanalg said:

One of the most common injuries of trials riding is Tendinitis of wrist extensor  muscles. As a matter of fact, my riding is limited right now as I m battling it.

Less wrist motion is always desirable, specially when you start wheelies or stationary zaps and so on. to have to twist your wrist in extension while maintaining tension in your handle bars will lead to quick fore arm muscle fatigue.  fast action = less wrist motion!  you want fast action

Your brain will develop a memory to the throttle action. fast or slow, you will adapt fast. Throttle control, though important is a very early skill and self thought technique. Yes it will vary when you start more aggressive moves but by then you most certainly will have other more important things to worry about. 

If your bike comes with slow action from factory, leave it that way, its probably for a specific reason. but if comes with fast action, don't downgrade! and being Honest, if you re concerned about too much power or too fast acceleration, consider a 125cc. 

I agree.

Previous owner of my 300 pro had fitted a slow throttle.  I recently put the fast tube back on and wish I had done it sooner.  The long twist that was needed for a quick blip of power was just annoying.  Instantly getting more lift on a double blip now and keeping the angle of my wrist in a more natural zone.

I think the slow throttle is really only necessary if you have particularly poor throttle control.  Just my opinion though and I have only been riding trials for 9 months. 

Edited by bluey
  • Like 2