Scott Trial not far away.

laird387a

Bruce Storr – a Scott Trial legend.

The Richmond Motor Club remind all potential Scott Trial contenders that regulations are now out for the annual October frolic on the moors above Swaledale. Ken Wallis is the Event Secretary so get those entry forms filled in and posted to him forthwith or miss out. The closing date is a mere six weeks away on Friday September 8 first post.

Bruce Storr rode the trial way back in 1982 on a Gori and ultimately took on the testing role of Clerk of Course for an eight year period before handing over to Paul Robinson. Mr Storr can still ride trials having had about a thousand miles of practice slogging round the Scott Trial course with a bag of flags round his neck to slow him down.

Pictured in the annual Reeth Three Day Trial last month.

Bruce Storr.jpg (2).JPG

Bruce Storr.jpg (2) (1).JPG

10 hours ago, nigel dabster said:

Is that a critisism of the hard working RMC clubman?

Nigel,

In my time I have spent long hours in the saddle helping mark out the Scott course across the moors as assistant to Geoff Fletcher then clear it up afterwards, several years helped operate a time and number check at secret places to make sure there was no course cutting, worked with Eddie Flintoff, photographed and reported the event for several press contacts and also published a book telling the history of the oldest trial in the calendar, so when I am aware, by personal contact with long term colleagues of disquiet in the local landowners and senior managers of the land over which the trial relies for its very existence, I feel totally justified in admitting CRITICISM that I hope will assist hard working but inexperienced RMC clubmen to adapt their ways of working to ensure this great event does not join the ever expanding list of events that ONLY EXIST IN HISTORY.

What is YOUR claim to fame?

@laird387a Derek, im not famous i just help out here and there, rather not be measured by what I have or havent done......

Not sure a general critisism is either helpful or justifed. I wouldnt have thought the large numbers of rmc guys who help with the scott were inexperienced but having ridden round with them over the last ten years or so what would I know?

When were you last at the scott?

The nub of the problem lies with inexperienced 'officials' ignoring the advice of the scruffy looking bod with a belt made of binder twine who actually owns many hundreds of acres, many of which have been used in the trial for years - then suggesting the Head Gamekeeper for another estate that he should not be driving his Landrover there................

Edited by laird387a

13 minutes ago, nigel dabster said:

remind us when you were there last?

Since, Nigel, (have I managed to spell YOUR name correctly) you seem convinced that I am totally out of touch with current events, perhaps you could explain how you think the attached publication came into being???????

Regards Deryk

ORRe-Scott supp copy.pdf

Richmond Motor Club put on outstanding events such as the Blue Bar two day, Gerald Simpson, Reeth 3 day, The Scott and the Crackpot Trial. On top of this they run a kids trials school and have recently ran British Champs rounds.

This isn't a professional organisation,  it's a band of volunteers who must put in some serious hours.

IF there is an issue that you are aware of Derek then can I suggest you raise this through the appropriate channel ie the club directly. 

I don't think posting it on here is in anyway helpful.

• Like 1

On 07/08/2017 at 9:48 AM, laird387a said:

Since, Nigel, (have I managed to spell YOUR name correctly) you seem convinced that I am totally out of touch with current events, perhaps you could explain how you think the attached publication came into being???????

Regards Deryk

ORRe-Scott supp copy.pdf

I'm assuming someone other than you WAS there?