New map available!

MarkBuckholz

I bought a battery less Ice Hell in March.  Worked the World Round last weekend.  My AZ dealer has new maps particularly for high elevation.  Would have gotten it loaded but didn't have my scoot with me.  Anyone get the new map yet?  I live and ride at 7000' elevation.  Sometimes up to 10k' sometimes sea level. Thanks. Checking world round was great.  Most of the GP2 women and many of the GP 2 men and GP women were nice and thanked us on the last loop.  Many of the top GP men and their minders were cheaters, grooming and basically jerks.  I didn't give a yellow card but threatened.  FIM should give financial penalties and clean up the sport....  End of rant. ;o)

Edited by MarkBuckholz
Typo
  • Like 4

Sunday at the US GP I laughed at all the stomping and blowing on rocks. Out of 17 GP riders I gave out 27 fives for 34 attempts. I had only 5 riders get through my section. Lots of crashing going on. I thought the riders handled it exactly as I would have. All celebration when they made it and p****d off when they crashed. And a Vertigo did make it up once all weekend. Fajrado did get a one on his fourth ride. 

Interesting comments about the grooming. There was a situation at section 8 where Fuji and some other riders were grooming a kicker out of the dirt in front the biggest wall/rock. Checker came around the corner and stomped it out quite bravely and the crowd boo'd him, probably because the obstacle was so gigantic and impossible looking that they were just hoping to see riders get over. Then someone in the crowd yelled, 'it was already like that!' and so the checker let them rebuild it...! I think the sentiment was similar to the non-stop adherence or lack thereof. Who wants to stop a top rider from putting on a display? And the rocks were so big and dangerous in spots it almost seemed fair to let them do it. Almost. 

Mark , we have the new 2.1 mapping which is OEM in the Fajardo bike loaded into some of the camos and ice hells-- first impressions are more snappy bottom end when used with the shorter header pipe, 

Call me if you need some more info.

lewisportusa

On 07/08/2017 at 0:28 AM, sammyd173 said:

Interesting comments about the grooming. There was a situation at section 8 where Fuji and some other riders were grooming a kicker out of the dirt in front the biggest wall/rock. Checker came around the corner and stomped it out quite bravely and the crowd boo'd him, probably because the obstacle was so gigantic and impossible looking that they were just hoping to see riders get over. Then someone in the crowd yelled, 'it was already like that!' and so the checker let them rebuild it...! I think the sentiment was similar to the non-stop adherence or lack thereof. Who wants to stop a top rider from putting on a display? And the rocks were so big and dangerous in spots it almost seemed fair to let them do it. Almost. 

The checker has a hard enough job without the crowd getting on his back. Clerk of the Course sets the sections and riders or minders should not be tampering with them. From your description it was a hard section but in the context of the whole event it may have been intended to be the trial deciding section ? Then if the trial turns out too easy people criticise the organisers. Why do spectators see observers and officials as the bad guys ? They are volunteers who create and score the event they have turned up to see? 

Sorry to hijack the thread

Edited by baldilocks
  • Like 1