What the hell does Honda/Montesa feed these people?

copemech

When Bou started out with them he was a good rider along with Fajardo as I recall but below the top guys, THEN Things Change!

Never heard of thie Busto kid until a year or so ago, and now he is on the second rung of the podium? Really?

Wonder when they will pick up Sandra Gomez and give her the stuff to make the Baws Grow?

Bou was already a star, his potential had been obvious to many but the move from an Italian team to the most professional in the world with agruably the most works bike in Catalunya tipped him to the top.

I doubt hrc would worry about Gomez and she would be wary after the way they treated her brother, and as a track record they would want Emma Bristow anyway.....

• Like 1

Busto was riding for Beta in what is now Trial 2. Beta were expecting him to stay but just as he was getting good Honda poached him. 

He's not that old so Honda have sewn up the WTC for another 5 years at least. By the time age catches up with Bou the rest of the top 5 will be gone leaving Busto. Everyone else is miles away 

Edited by baldilocks
  • Like 1

What happened to Alfredo? He had a semi works bike , won trial 2 then retired from trial the same year didn't he? I doubt he's that bitter about it seeing as ktm probably pay him 3 times as much as what Honda where..

• Like 1

@hgas Honda were not paying him afaik. Fredo was offered a bike (maybe Laias) and a bit of travel allowance and a few euros per month to do the world champs but nothing really other than pocket money.

He took the decision that it simply wasnt worth it (pretty sure the family felt they had paid his way enough by then), so ended up where he is now.

A good rider but looked "untidy" and never in total control to me, and like far too many juniors disappeared too quickly.

I think the current situation may help some stay but only time will tell.

Edited by nigel dabster