Bicycle Computer Speedometer

pmk

3 hours ago, 2stroke4stroke said:

I use a wireless one that cost less than ten pounds (whatever that may be in dollars) from Lidl (a German supermarket brand in the UK).  Works fine with sender halfway up the slider.and screen on bars. No need to buy an expensive Cateye etc.

Took a little bit of Google search effort, but no big deal.

These computers you mentioned are known as Bikemate brand, and here in the USA are carried by Aldi stores.  My thought is Lidl and Aldi may be the same company or related.  While traveling a couple of years ago, we did pick up some items in Aldi while in Ireland.

Locally, Aldi has a store very close to home.  On a downside, Aldi built the warehouse and distribution facility very close to home, and in doing so, tore down a large wooded area I used as a riding area.

7 hours ago, pmk said:

Took a little bit of Google search effort, but no big deal.

These computers you mentioned are known as Bikemate brand, and here in the USA are carried by Aldi stores.  My thought is Lidl and Aldi may be the same company or related.  While traveling a couple of years ago, we did pick up some items in Aldi while in Ireland.

Locally, Aldi has a store very close to home.  On a downside, Aldi built the warehouse and distribution facility very close to home, and in doing so, tore down a large wooded area I used as a riding area.

Related in as much as two herren set up in business after the war, can't recall if Lidl or Aldi.  There was a later schism resulting in the other name.

3 hours ago, cascao said:

Have a cheap wired cateye on mine.. 

Not dificult to install, just keep wire with brake hose.

35892436020_32e723900f.jpg

I saw your photo in another section, I think the machined parts topic.

This being a vintage machine, the front brake is cable operated and snakes around a bit.

Also, how did you mount the sensor close enough to the magnet on the wheel.  Do you have a photo of the fork and wheel setup.

ßFrom the top, the speedodometer cable must start close to the brake master cylinder where there few hose movement.

Going down with (electic tape) brake hose untill slave cylinder where the sensor was glued with silicone.

In weekend I can take a photo if you want.

Had a look at how Trailtech does the sensor and magnet install.  They glue the magnet to the hub and position the sensor on the brake cable.  This is for cable operated drum brakes same as the OSSA MAR of mine.

Downside, the Cateye computer I have would need the wires extended, or I need to find a long wire kit.  Not really wanting to splice the harness.  Done it before on bicycles and those wires are tiny.

Need to get by Aldi and see the wireless one they offer.