Anyone know of any tyre deals on?

okjc250

I was unable to find anything of note when scouring the net recently. Some places offering prices considerably above other outlets, but lowest price available was much of a muchness among several dealers. I ended up buying two or three little used X11s on eBay for less than the price of one new one.

I have to admit the tyre on my twinshock is considerably older than that. I find 1993 to be a decent vintage, still surprisingly sharp but well balanced, though tending towards a smoother finish as it ages. All the better for keeping in a dark cellar for 20 years.

Edited by cleanorbust

I would agree with the Donlop 803GP recommendation.  It isn't the best tire but its very close and a much better price for what you get.  

Oh and when I say very close we are talking like Bou and Raga close.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, hgas said:

Good question, is it me or have tyres gone ridiculously expensive ?

I got a pair of X11's for £125 which I thought was cheap

That's less than the price of one rear tyre for my road bike & I usually get through a pair of road bike tyres each season and a pair cost £250

You beat the benefit of new trials tyres 

1 hour ago, johnnyboxer said:

I got a pair of X11's for £125 which I thought was cheap

That's less than the price of one rear tyre for my road bike & I usually get through a pair of road bike tyres each season and a pair cost £250

You beat the benefit of new trials tyres 

Thats a good deal where was that?

Just done a quick search and BVM Moto seem to be about the best on price at the moment. 

Reminds me that I was told that Mark Kemp, the original owner of BVM and a great national class rider then, started the company from selling tyres from the back of his van in the early seventies.

• 3 weeks later...