TRS rear shock Adjustment

kelsey

Hello

I have a new 2017 TRS.  Rode it for the 1st time today and the rear shock is VERY springy (not much rebound dampening)

I checked the manual and it does not show much about this adjustment.. Just tells you there is one.

I adjusted the allen screw (went extreme both directions) on the ride today and the screw does not seem to make much difference.

Anybody have experience on how to make this rear shock rebound slower?

Thanks

Edited by kelsey

I think suspension technology has changed in recent years. I've always ran some sag in the rear suspension but noticed my TRS fitted with a Reiger came with none. So I wound the spring back. Then I spoke to some vertigo riders who said they thought you shouldn't  have sag on  a Reiger. So I put it back to standard and id say it's better at clearing obstacles yet it still grips really well. 

Not sure this applies to the R16V but I'd give it a couple of trials first.

Turning the red thumb wheel adjuster at the top of the shock clockwise increases the damping.It should be possible to get the damping very stiff,if not I'd speak to the supplying dealer and get it replaced 

Kelsey bought this bike at the TrialGP in Arizona weekend before last. It was Luca Petrella's minder's bike. But the rear shock had been swapped to Luca's bike for the competition. I was riding with Kelsey when he was trying to figure out the pre-load and the rebound. Pre-load was almost all-the-way to the max when we started, so we backed that off, and after several tries of turning the rebound screw to full-stop in both directions, we could not really detect any difference in rebound rate. Can anyone share their own experience with this shock as to whether there is a very-noticible difference in rebound from full-stop to full-stop? I'm wondering whether the shock is defective.

Thanks for the info. I believe that you are most-likely right and the shock has been modified. I'll see if Kelsey is up for the challenge of bringing it back to stock. He was pretty disappointed that he could not see more results from adjustment. Might be something TRS wants to warn people about when they buy discounted bikes at these premier events. Only takes a few p****d-off customers to cause a lot to trouble these days. Jim Snell at TRS Motorcycles USA may want to chime in on this topic.

The rear shock seems to be fine. just needed a bit of adjustment.. All I was asking for was clarification on which way to turn the dampening screw for less rebound.  Bike works great..  Thanks for all the replies

• Like 1

On 11/08/2017 at 3:03 PM, kelsey said:

The rear shock seems to be fine. just needed a bit of adjustment.. All I was asking for was clarification on which way to turn the dampening screw for less rebound.  Bike works great..  Thanks for all the replies

Kelsey, I've had my TRS going on one year - standard 16 TRS One, hence Tech front and R16V rear. Mine was just as you described, not too much change + and - so suspect you don't have a faulty/modified/etc... shock. In reality, as you will know, the movement is very progressive and not similar to other brands. In my mind the shock is well designed for the bike. But I will say mine did fail after 4-5 months, but it had a hard life and I can't knock it one bit, just the reality of a non-serviced part. Hope you enjoy the bike!

• Like 1