Absolute beginner Falkirk

asmara

hi guys, Absolute newbie to trials, always fancied a wee go, last night i bought a Gas Gas jtx 270, 1997 for the pricely sum of £870, bike seems pretty clean, 1 owner from new ! i have the bike, but no knowledge of the bikes or the sport, i was wondering if there are any trials riders in the falkirk area, who would be willing to collect me and my bike and give me some guidance in the sport ! im 49 by the way, so maybe not my best idea ever !!! names Gordon

Hello Gordon got a few riders in your area that would certainly offer a bit help transports a big ask though?

Some are regular TC users so might get in touch.

I would suggest go to a local trial to get the lowdown we've one on Sunday but there's plenty more if you check the SACU website.

Maybe see you around.

Edited by breagh

breagh ! i no transport is a big ask ! willing to share fuel costs and buy the burgers and tea ! lol, what are farmers like if you ask to use a part of there land for a few hours of considerate trial riding ! or am i kidding myself on here lol

I'm not familiar with the Falkirk area  but imagine there's a few places where a wee play on a Trials bike will go unnoticed.

Personally I would be discreet as getting permission is tricky for a lot of reasons.

Not like you need much ground a grassy bank would be enough to practice the basics.

No doubt the locals will have places they go so keep an eye out.

Disclaimer The author in no way condones illegal practicing on this forum.

• Like 1