Pre-65 prices

bigplonker

On 21/08/2017 at 5:13 PM, djr said:

But I am baffled by the prices for B.S.A.  powered CCMs ,

especially the Trials model , did anybody ever win a major Trials event / championship on one of those ?

And..., as well as Dave Thorpe, the 350 CCM was ridden in the late '70s with some success by Nick Jefferies, who also rode the four-stroke RTL Honda and various racers in the IOM TT thus making him one of the great all-rounders.

Nick-Jefferies-350-CCM-1978-Perce-Simon-trial-288x300.jpg

On ‎09‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 10:04 PM, bigplonker said:

I vaguely remember Dave Thorpe riding a 350cc BSA engined CCM in the 'Scottish' a few decades ago. I think I'm right in saying that it sprang an oil leak or two and gave Dave quite a challenging ride. Can't  recall whether he coaxed the bike through to the finish or not. If so, he did well. As somebody else mentioned in this thread, the bike looked and sounded gorgeous.   

Image2-7-edit.jpg

On ‎09‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 10:23 PM, bigplonker said:

And..., as well as Dave Thorpe, the 350 CCM was ridden in the late '70s with some success by Nick Jefferies, who also rode the four-stroke RTL Honda and various racers in the IOM TT thus making him one of the great all-rounders.

Nick-Jefferies-350-CCM-1978-Perce-Simon-trial-288x300.jpg

thanks for this info, but I still don't see any victories in a major Trial or Championship mentioned ?

the oil leak is no surprise though !

I will concede they look and sound okay , but not enough to justify a world record price for an old Twinshock ,

if I really wanted a 4 stroke Twinshock I would get a Honda

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Very interested to see Maurice Hocking's 410 Matchless being auctioned on eBay. This must be one of the most desirable trials bikes ever, apart, maybe, from Sam's GOV132 and Eddie Lejeune's works Hondas. Bidding is currently at £6600 and I expect it to go much higher. I'll keep doing the lottery.