4T v 2T... Big Difference?

riffraffretro

23 hours ago, lost said:

So if you have the software and cables how easy is it to access the maps. From what I can see there are a few maps for experts or B graders but not many for clubman/c graders. It looks like 4RT sell well in Japan and there is alot of after market products available for 4RT in Japan so I am thinking the Japanese would have more of a range of maps available for mere mortals riders. Would that be correct. I tried looking on Japanese websites but strangely there all in Japanese and my japanese is not to good.

From what I can see you can make your own maps but that seems quite complex to me a mere mortal.

There are a fair few maps out there to use.  Ive modified write a few for my 280 4rt

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/13/2017 at 2:14 AM, riffraffretro said:

I have an opportunity to purchase a 2016 300RR, which to be honest, looks pretty stylish in the flesh.

Having always run 2T bikes previously (enduro and now trials), I'm curious to know how the 300RR stacks-up against the 2T competition. I notice that the 300RR's weight is ball-park at 72kg (when compared with my 315 at any rate), but wonder how the engine 'feels' in comparison and whether it'd be lacking in power against a similar capacity 2T.

I am a big fan of the way 2T power is delivered, their general lack of bulk and low running/maintenance costs, but the 4T itch seems to need scratching and seeing as big H does 4T as well, if not better than anyone else, wonder if it's a chance worth taking, or whether I'd be left feeling let down.

Anyone out there made a similar move... what's the general consensus?

BTW, I'm an average Clubman level rider, so no expert or authority, by a long chalk.

Thanks again for any guidance/opinions.

People bitch and moan about switching over. I did, and will never go back to mixing gas and oil again.  

4Rt is a great bike, you just need to ride it like a 4 stroke and not a 2T. When you do, you can really feel the difference in torque.

2016 4RT

• Like 2