Type approval

2stroke4stroke

Crash statistics don't lie; having ABS on bikes leads to less accidents, less serious injuries from accidents, and fewer fatalities.  It sounds like your ABS system may have been faulty if you've locked the wheels and it hasn't activated.

German kids do learn about the Holocaust, my nieces and nephew can attest to that ... whether all kids are paying attention in class is another matter.

• Like 1

On ‎26‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 11:04 PM, dadof2 said:

Regarding statues to Hitler - Perhaps they should have them in most german cities and explain what he stood for and did. Many german school leavers have no knowledge of the Holocaust for example.

That’s total rubbish, and why would you even bring up the subject on a trials forum!

Edited by suzuki250

• 2 months later...

Don't think that by coming out of the EU we will be exempt from these rules, or that the ACU will come to the rescue.   Our trials rules are governed by the FIM in Geneva, they set the international standards, including the tyre specification.   This is to ensure that foreign riders are using the same equipment as us British riders.

.edit... Found this on page 10...

Enduro and Trials motorcycles  used on the road included in the type approval structure (Enduro and Trials machines manufactured for use exclusively in competition remain exempt)

Edited by scifi

I don't see what registering bikes not affected by the upcoming type approval regs would have to do with it but do feel that a letter to the Committee to enable intercession with government  (the ACU not being one of the bodies contacted by government) surely warrants a response?

Edited by 2stroke4stroke

I was alerted to this matter earlier this year when it became available on the UK Gov portal. It did not make pleasant reading.

The clock is ticking towards 1st January 2018 and still no official announcement that the implementation is to be modified to allow 'status quo' to prevail or to continue type approval exemption for trials and enduro machines. Yes it will affect two sports in the UK.

I don't buy into the theory that any use of 'for competition use only' will permit a motorcycle to be road registered, I reckon the very opposite will apply.

Trials machines have been type approval exempt for some years, it looks very likely that will change on 1st January.

Here's a thought: Try registering Valentino Rossi's GP bike for the highway and see how far you get!

Big John

Edited by big john
spelling of enduro!

14 hours ago, big john said:

Here's a thought: Try registering Valentino Rossi's GP bike for the highway and see how far you get!

Big John

Will it need a reflector and a bulb horn ??:P

Edited by jimmyl

I started on bikes when there were basically two classes for road racing, 250 or 500.   Surely these new 'Supersport', 'Superstock' classes are just road going bikes, which would suffer from any of these new rules.?   Or, maybe ABS is the way to go in road-racing.