Montesa 4Ride

pug

So my New Montesa 4Ride has a side stand switch and I could do with a little need help

So its no good just pulling the wires its a stand up open circuit switch Bike on the stand and it wont run even in Neutral. pull the stand wires out the loom bridged or not bridged and bike runs with it up or down but you lose the kill button as well and cant shut the motor off I have found one wiring diagram on line for the 4Ride it shows the kill switch is using the ECU to kill the motor and no side stand switch on the diagram bummer............. I'm guess the side stand switch is a little more than just a switch it is only two wires and looks like the standard Honda pin turn 3 wire ones but the ECU must run it as well anyone come across a setup like this before it's Annoying it wont run with the stand down full stop 

help please

Pug

The street legal models of the 2017 4RT260 and 300RR have the same sidestand switch P.N. 35700-NN4-M10 as the 2017 4Ride.

I also checked the 4Ride manual schematic, and like you said, it doesn't show the sidestand switch.

But... the 2017 4RT260 and 300RR manuals do show the sidestand switch in the schematic for the street legal models -- ED & 2ED. On those bikes, there are "tap" segments into the handlebar stop switch wires for the sidestand stop switch.

You can download the most current manuals and part lists for all 2017 models at the MONTESA MAINTENANCE AND REPAIR INFORMATION (Click This) site.  

So check those. Other than that, I'd suggest disconnecting the sidestand switch connector and putting an ohm-meter on the switch side. See what it reads with the stand up and down, and go from there.

Thanks for the pointer it looks like no way round it other than plug the bike in and tell the ECU no side stand switch fitted.  2/ take it off set it stand up and tape it up an tuck it up under the frame some place safe.  3/ trick the ECU feed wire with the same resistance as the side stand switch 

My 2 cents would be... as long as I could fabricate something small with the same resistance that could be plugged in to replace the side stand switch and keep the bike in a state so I can re-attach the switch later I would go that route.

if you can't do that without cutting into the harness I would tuck the switch out of the way zip-tied (or otherwise) so it couldn't get into the down position.

Last would be to cut into the harness and patch in anything.  

good luck what ever direction you end up going.  

Edited by jonnyc21

On 8/19/2017 at 11:05 PM, pug said:

Thanks for the pointer it looks like no way round it other than plug the bike in and tell the ECU no side stand switch fitted ....

The 2017 4RT260 ED/2ED schematic shows the sidestand switch wired parallel to the engine shutoff switch. The engine shutoff is normally open, and it appears (from the schematic) that the sidestand switch is open when the stand is up.  So when either switch is closed, the ECU is told to shut off running. If the sidestand switch is removed (and connector left open -- not jumpered), its ability to stop the engine is removed. Note how the schematic shows the sidestand shutoff switch wiring patched into the engine shutoff wiring, and make sure wiring is maintained to the engine shutoff switch if the sidestand switch is removed.

• Like 1

Thanks chap do you have a link to 2017 4RT260 ED/2ED schematic you found it on as I cant find one I'm guessing it is open ie stand up same as the kill switch open to run. This is fine problem is pull the wires out from the stand an it will run stand down but you also lose the kill switch it wont work. both sets of wires kill and stand are the same colours and enter the loom at the head stock so easy to see but unknown if they go all the way to the ECU by there self or not I would be guess they do but its a big strip down to find out if so. 

Pug

Edited by pug
bad spelling

1 hour ago, sportsawyer said:

Thanks for the link its not showing as a link in your first post  but got it now I spent hours looking for one with the stand switch in it.

looks like it pairs up in the loom with the kill switch it's got to be in the code in the eprom path in the ECU to pull It I think I will need to get a Honda man with a plug in box to patch a emulator inline I the code it's all starting to go over my head bring back the old days before all this H&S ****

thanks for your help chap

Pug

Ok sorted

with the wiring schematic help you can see only one of the black an white wires go's all the way to the ECU now in my pic's the two with the black end covers come up from the stand the two clears go off into the loom well both kill and side stand will work to off what ever way round but pull the side stand feed an it stops the kill as well so the way to the ECU must come off the two up from the side stand you cant see it as you trace the wires up from the stand so just swap the white an black from the kill to the white an black up from the stand an you get motor running stand down an kill still working

Again Thanks to all who helped with this

Pug 

001.jpg

IMAG0060.jpg

IMAG0061.jpg

IMAG0062.jpg

IMAG0063.jpg

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 22/08/2017 at 10:07 AM, pug said:

Ok sorted

with the wiring schematic help you can see only one of the black an white wires go's all the way to the ECU now in my pic's the two with the black end covers come up from the stand the two clears go off into the loom well both kill and side stand will work to off what ever way round but pull the side stand feed an it stops the kill as well so the way to the ECU must come off the two up from the side stand you cant see it as you trace the wires up from the stand so just swap the white an black from the kill to the white an black up from the stand an you get motor running stand down an kill still working

Again Thanks to all who helped with this

Pug 

001.jpg

IMAG0060.jpg

IMAG0061.jpg

IMAG0062.jpg

Hi there pug...

where did you get the schematic for the 4ride from? did you download the full manual  could you post me the link to it please

There is an Australian web site that has many manuals, in English, for the 4Ride, 4RT, and 300RR.

http://montesatrials.com.au/store/category/model/

They seem to have misplaced 2016 manuals, 4RT and 4Ride.

You could send them an email asking them to look into it and maybe get them back......

:closedeyes:

Edited by ramz
add comment