Taper roller head bearings

trialsrfun

When looking through posts here in the Bultaco section for information on availability of a bearing kit to fit taper roller head bearings to the Bultaco Sherpa 199a I saw Pyramid parts mentioned as a supplier but when I contacted Pyramid they had no knowledge of the correct bearings or the part number. Presumably the taper roller conversion is a satisfactory improvement.

Does anyone have any info on the bearings or a part number for Pyramid please?

I put some in my 199b a couple of months ago, they were from the InMotion boys, ( superb postal service ).

Fiting is easy, but do check and re torque after the first event they may need nipping up as they settle in.

They give a lot smoother action, as you would expect.

• Like 1

I have never had any dramas with the original ball bearing style and unfortunately the same can't be said for the tapered type in most gasgas bikes I've had in the last few years which seem to require more maintenance than the ball bearing style. I also recall reading somewhere that the Moto GP bikes all use the ball bearing style because they give better feeling.

Cheers Greg

ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1483988478.259713.jpg

Edited by sherpa325
add photo
  • Like 5