Knocking front wheel

diesel2607

Hi just been out on my bike and felt the front wheel was knocking when I have the front brake on and gently push the bike forward and backwards you can see the brake disk is still but the wheel is moving causing a knocking feeling 

Does anyone know what could be causing this I had front wheel off and only have one washer on the brake disk side between the fork and the spacer not sure if this could cause the problem or if I am meant to have anotger washer the other side 

Any help with this would be great  

It sounds like it could be the 'top hat' washers that go through the disk are worn.

Really really badly worn wheel bearings..

Or it could be your steering head bearings, but then the front wheel wouldn't move slightly.

52 minutes ago, lopez said:

Correct, first time I had the front wheel off I forgot to replace the disc guard and one of the caliper bolts protrudes too far if you do that and hits the disc/wheel assembly.

Glad to know I wasn't the only one... 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, lopez said:

I felt like a right lemon at the time!

To make it worse.  I shortened the bolt and could not understand how I mixed it up, only to find the guard behind a shelf 3 months later.  To be fair, I stripped the bike when I bought it. lol

If floating disc then try some silicon on the top hat spacers to take out some play.

Check non of the disc bolts have come loose catching the fork/caliper as tyre goes round.

as other say -check wheel bearings and head bearing etc