A few Beta 250 questions

dannybee

Hi,

Newbie here with a new to me Beta 250 and plenty of questions the bike looked fine when I bought it but looking over without the rose tinted glasses I think I've bought a dog ?

1- front brake works but feels crap hopefully clean the pads up and re bleed and it will good to go?

2- rear brake worked just about yesterday today nothing again I'll rebleed it and hope for best

3- The rear disc feels proper loose, It is tight and has spring washers on. Having read about replacing bobbins im hoping there missing or proper worn. Are the discs supposed to have a bit of play?

4- brake arm on the back is catching the chain slightly can't work out if I need to replace the arm or if it's one of the chain guides that's pulling the chain towards the arm?

5- Engine mount (top) was loose so I tightened it up and noticed it looks like it should have 2 parts so it bolts to both sides?

Sorry for the essay bought the bike serviced and ready to ride from a buyer and seller on eBay  , Even says brakes are crisp ! Not contacted the seller as I'm partly to blame for not checking the bike more.

Lesson learned I like to tinker not new to messing with stuff so I'm gonna have to make the best of it !