Where are all the entries????

laird387a

1 hour ago, crashmonkey said:

The whole 'system' just feels as though it needs modernising in some way.

The same go's for sending cheques off in the post and filling out forms! I mean come on surely there's got to be a better way of doing the entry's on the day, other than filling in badly photocopied entry forms in the rain with a pen that doesnt work whilst being blown sideways by a force 10!

But the system works! TAKE a pen that works & fill it out in your motor if weather is bad  ,modernise how ? entrys on the day how many trials have you been to with no phone signal =internet so no app/ paypal it  then ? There is  nothing stopping riders filling a entry form in at home.  Take the correct entry fee with them but they dont  even do that ! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, crashmonkey said:

The same go's for sending cheques off in the post and filling out forms! I mean come on surely there's got to be a better way of doing the entry's on the day, other than filling in badly photocopied entry forms in the rain with a pen that doesnt work whilst being blown sideways by a force 10!

I agree completely, best solution is to get your mummy to do it for you.

• Like 2

I think you would struggle to find section that would allow such a varied ability level without compromising either the top level or the lower levels.

This is exactly what's happening with club trials now I think. Centres with bigger riding populations can do separate trials but many can't.  You then end up with riders at both ends of the ability range unhappy with the event.

5 hours ago, crashmonkey said:

i'ld like to spend ages and write a real *long* reply on this whole thread but haven't the time

on this point specifically, we've had the ACU build an online entry system and have had it running for four years now - you pay online, secure, and then you turn up on the day verify you are you and sign on and go. as to how you roll this system out to clubs, to get them to use it, that is a challenge but broadly speaking we've built a system to do it all and its ready for clubs to use.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, rabie said:

i'ld like to spend ages and write a real *long* reply on this whole thread but haven't the time

on this point specifically, we've had the ACU build an online entry system and have had it running for four years now - you pay online, secure, and then you turn up on the day verify you are you and sign on and go. as to how you roll this system out to clubs, to get them to use it, that is a challenge but broadly speaking we've built a system to do it all and its ready for clubs to use.

Yes and it works great bar a couple of little glitches, but not many organisers use it unfortunately

So if apparently the system works so well and there's no issue why is there a thread asking where all the entry's are?

No wonder only about 5 internet warriors ever post on here.

Says it all 

SO having to fill in a entry form at a trial  is stopping  people going to  trial   REALLY ? so a internet app will cure, lack of land ,observers keep kids in the sport and get new riders into the sport I dont think so .Time we say how it is this might upset some people  Is the real problem  not trials but people coming into the sport they need leading by the hand, find it  hard not admit it & blame it on every thing but them self so the sport has to change just for them !.Someone said egos yes  they go buy a factory replica the gear struggle to get to 1st section fall off then some old bloke on a twin shock shows them how to do it ! not very good for the ego Who said trials was easy it is character building , I wonder how many beginners  have looked into going to a trials school or even went to a trial to watch before going to there first trial  just a thought ! 

Edited by on it
add info
  • Like 3

And that's where your entry's are :shutup:

WERE  tell us then  !  if they come to a trial find sections and the course to taxing  & dont hack it you can not force them back .The nature of the sport is what it is , should they not  prepare  better for taking the sport up a little fitness training, trials school ? , never run but  buy a set of trainers will they run a marathon ? so why with trials then ?   Remember non of us get paid to give up time for train /help them  ie trials school doing all  that ,is there any guarantee they will come in to the sport or just go play. So we have to change the whole sport on a off chance we might get 2 or 3 more entrys per trial. Lets Look at trials &clubs its the same old faces that keep it running. do new members/ riders just turn up ride go home ?so is what happens when the old faces pack up who runs the club puts the trials on then ? best make the most of trials now 

Edited by on it
add more
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, maco said:

So Baldilocks ( Glen ) has put on the NE centre Facebook page that only 3 people rode the conducted adult route today.. 

Probably a lot of time and effort for what seems like rubbish reward. 

A lack of time and effort is what's wrong with trials. Riders who expect to win because they bought a bike, clubs never looking for new sections never mind new land. 

Yesterday wasn't a waste of time in my view and it was my time. Numerous key board warriors will talk but rarely turn up. We go three people to have a go. One had ridden a beginner event previously.

With three riders and probably 4-5 attempts at each section it took 2 hours 45 mins I think to do a lap. So more than 5 you will need more instructors. 

The riders all improved during the day. Wayne bought his first trials bike two weeks ago and went home having cleaned a section. Best thing for me was having done a lap they re fuelled and went back to the section none of them had cleaned. David Baker cleaned it in the end.

So I'd say yes it works IF  you have club members prepared to do it and riders prepared to try.

• Like 5

On Thursday, September 14, 2017 at 10:08 PM, rabie said:

That would mean riders planning in advance (which we all seemed to cope with when entries had to be in a week beforehand) but less likely now.  Then complaining because they didn't get refunded when they couldn't be bothered going on the day due to weather/hard Saturday night etc.

And you wouldn't get the crack in the signing on queue either.

• Like 2