Where are all the entries????

laird387a

Yes they are and that event is exactly the opposite of what some people on this thread claim is required. It's not multi route, it's on the road,  its certainly not very near many peoples houses and it's single lap with significant mileage between sections. 

And nobody is afraid of losing 10 marks 

• Like 2

Are you two saying that single lap /route  very stiff trial with roadwork and a large entry fee is what the average rider is looking for?

I've been doing this trials thing wrong for years.

What have I been thinking?

• Like 1

Dave Burroughs summed it up on tonight's Ross Noble show. It's about the challenge. If it's not about the challenge you are in the wrong sport. Not everyone has to do the six days but we went wrong by trying to make trials appeal to people who are basically not trials riders. If it doesn't appeal to today's young people then stop pretending it ever will.

• Like 2

@breagh Reeth 3 day, Scott trial,  lakes two day, alwinton 2 day, Manx 2 day,  loch lomond 2 day. All have around 200 entries. 

Whats wrong with entries at these events?  Nothing. 

Local 4 lap 10 section trials are crap in comparison. Nothing to aim for nothing to train for no atmosphere no sense of achievement. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, baldilocks said:

@breagh Reeth 3 day, Scott trial,  lakes two day, alwinton 2 day, Manx 2 day,  loch lomond 2 day. All have around 200 entries. 

Whats wrong with entries at these events?  Nothing. 

Local 4 lap 10 section trials are crap in comparison. Nothing to aim for nothing to train for no atmosphere no sense of achievement. 

Local 4 lap trials? Please dont get me started.

Oh my, you're so right!  I should drop everything I'm doing, because unless it's a grueling multi-day endurance test at the top national level it's completely pointless - what I thought I was really enjoying is actually boring, thank you for enlightening me!

Either that or I'm not a *real* trials rider, because I took up the hobby and am learning it.  Real trials riders are born into it, all others are inferior and shouldn't have access to any events.  And they certainly shouldn't try to encourage others to try the thing they love doing.

(some of the above might possibly be sarcasm)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, turbofurball said:

Oh my, you're so right!  I should drop everything I'm doing, because unless it's a grueling multi-day endurance test at the top national level it's completely pointless - what I thought I was really enjoying is actually boring, thank you for enlightening me!

Either that or I'm not a *real* trials rider, because I took up the hobby and am learning it.  Real trials riders are born into it, all others are inferior and shouldn't have access to any events.  And they certainly shouldn't try to encourage others to try the thing they love doing.

(some of the above might possibly be sarcasm)

Dougie lost 1, and all top 5 lost under 20 for all 6 days. This isn't at top national level, but is an endurance event.

22 minutes ago, turbofurball said:

So, Dougie isn't at the top level of national competition skill-wise?

Obviously he is, he's an ex world champion. But if he rode 6 top national events, such the British Championship and S3, he would lose more than 1. Understand my statement; the trial isn't set to be at top national level, its set to be a top national endurance event for both rider and bike. Where, as shown by Ross Noble, beginners to the sport can finish.