Fajardo replica

allymo73

fantastic bike, very well built with some nice touches and easy to do the basic stuff like

change the air filter, nice to ride, easy to start and after coming from an Ossa

it feels very similar to ride very smooth and grips well, and every time I ride someone

comments on how well it looks, and I cant fault the service form Vertigo UK its second to none. 

I only have one issue and that's when you stop the bike it always reverts back to map 1 

which is taking some getting used to having to select the right map before riding, but I can live with 

that when the bikes so nice 

• Like 1

A different bike to the 2016 bike that preceded it. It's more like a Gas Gas in the way it rides and the Heavier duty rear spring and different linkage are a real improvement over the 2016 for riders who like to stop and bounce. It also is very good on traction as well. Apart from that it looks great, I still have to change the air filter and it just goes when you need to fiddle with a carb when you change altitude. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jsp said:

fantastic bike, very well built with some nice touches and easy to do the basic stuff like

change the air filter, nice to ride, easy to start and after coming from an Ossa

it feels very similar to ride very smooth and grips well, and every time I ride someone

comments on how well it looks, and I cant fault the service form Vertigo UK its second to none. 

I only have one issue and that's when you stop the bike it always reverts back to map 1 

which is taking some getting used to having to select the right map before riding, but I can live with 

that when the bikes so nice 

Which map is map 1, Clubman or Fajardo, or is it more complicated than that?

I've seen it in person a number of times now (local dealer has one). I haven't bothered riding it because it's a 300, and I ride 250's these days, but superficially: it's an Ice Hell painted gray with a few special parts on it. It looks quite a bit better in person than in the pics (I didn't really like the gray, and it's still not my favorite thing in the world, but it's nice). Namely the header has an extra bend, presumably to get some more power out of it, and the linkage is of a slightly different design. Otherwise, it's mostly additional bling (which I'm all for!).

Map 1 is just the 'normal' map. Map 2 and 3 are +1 and +2 rich (i.e. wet maps), and Map is -1 lean (i.e. altitude). They really need to get rid of the current button setup and switch to a fixed position switch, but regardless they offer quite noticeably different feelings.

The mapping is updated for the Fajardo, but it's the same map that can now be loaded into all the other bikes, per my local dealer.

Edited by heffergm

this is the sheet I got with the bike from Vertigo UK, I have always just used map

three as that's what Nick at Vertigo uses, when I thought about the price of the 

Ice hell model and the extra for the Fajardo it was a no brainer I think I've got More than

£300 worth of extra parts on the Fajardo model, plus I'm not a big fan of the gold casings 

on the Ice hell model, and heffergm the Fajardo models did come in a 250cc 

IMG_0170.JPG

2 hours ago, jsp said:

on the Ice hell model, and heffergm the Fajardo models did come in a 250cc 

I didn't say they didn't, I said my local dealer only has a 300.

"I've seen it in person a number of times now (local dealer has one). I haven't bothered riding it because it's a 300, and I ride 250's these days"