Sherco 125 trials 2002 model

miket

Hi

I have introduced a friend into trials. He has seen a 2002 Sherco 125 that he is interested in buying. I don't know these bikes, as I have a Gas Gas, to be able to advice him of any potential problems or things to look for apart from the generic and obvious items, such as chains, sprockets, tyres, and other age related matters.

Apart from the obvious general items, any advice about potential problems or 'characteristics' of the Sherco 2002 125's would be appreciated. 

Thanks

Hi, great little bikes and a brilliant way to get into trials in my opinion, a 125 is more than enough for a new rider and won't rip your arms out like the bigger capacity stuff. I had an 05 Sherco 125 loved every minute of riding it.  

As for what to look out for nothing really springs to mind just the usual stuff, does it start, idle and run ok, no nasty noises, does the fan work, are the  brakes, chain/sprockets, tyres etc ok. It might be a good idea to take someone along who knows a bit about trials bikes, usually helps. 

Hope this helps..... 

Thanks rav54.

Yes, I agree and have pushed him in the direction of the 125, and not a 300 that I ride.

I am comfortable checking the usual stuff for him. I was just trying to find out if the 2002 Sherco 125  had any known and specific problems to watch for. But searching the forums isn't turning anything up, so hopefully that is a good sign that they are generally a reliable bike if looked after.