Eddie karlsson

hgas

Looks like Eddie has decided to call it a day and won't be riding any more world rounds , doesnt mention anything on his press release about 2018 yet though.great shame I always enjoyed watching him, very stylish and ballsy rider unfortunately he's never really cut the mustard, probably another hard enduro convert 

Eddie`s rides in my section at Arizona were the most spectacular. Amazing rider, but at the end of the day I checked his score and just way too many fives.  You could see this coming from a mile away. If he goes to Endurocross he will dominate that sport in a short amount of time. 

It was always going to happen. Gubion and ferrer will be the next 2 to knock it on the head. 

At the end of the day these boys, as amazing as they all are, are probably losing a fortune every year to fund  the World Series. They can't keep running on fresh air. The brilliance of bou isn't the problem, it's the complete lack of money in the sport, even if your a top 12 in the world!!

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, dmc2028372 said:

It was always going to happen. Gubion and ferrer will be the next 2 to knock it on the head. 

At the end of the day these boys, as amazing as they all are, are probably losing a fortune every year to fund  the World Series. They can't keep running on fresh air. The brilliance of bou isn't the problem, it's the complete lack of money in the sport, even if your a top 12 in the world!!

Probably about right

It's a bit pointless though for the factories isn't it....

Despite a more professional world championship new bike sales are declining as people by pre65, acm, twinshock etc. To compound this entries are down as well. So clearly funding the WTC isn't generating sales ?

Its not run by amateurs anymore.....Trial is the last of the FIM disciplines to be run by a professional promoter. I think you should do a little research and ask some questions. I was fortunate enough to be able to attend an FIM meeting at the TrialGP event in the USA and the Jake was in attendance as well. He gave a clear vison and the amount of work they have done with such short notice this year I think is to be commended.

So a professional sport with professional promoter but needs? with NO disrespect to  a AMATEUR club  volunteer work force ie find land observers & helpers put the trial on ? , So theres nothing to worry about then at WTC coz its not run by amateurs any more so riders will stay & entrys will flood in along with  the cash !  YES i do know what goes on as i helped with the gps at penrith ! .

Edited by on it
add

I understand that the parent organization(s) like the FIM and the promotor are not amateur, but that doesn't eliminate the issues created by the rest that are.  So when we have observers that are paid and are the same ones at every event so the scoring can be consistent and maybe a paid course designer(s) that is also sent to each event ahead of time, etc. then I will believe the statement "Its not run by amateurs anymore.....", tell then its at least in part run by amateurs and has some inherent problems as a result.  

My 2 cents.

Edited by jonnyc21
  • Like 2

On 09/09/2017 at 6:27 PM, baldilocks said:

It's a bit pointless though for the factories isn't it....

Despite a more professional world championship new bike sales are declining as people by pre65, acm, twinshock etc. To compound this entries are down as well. So clearly funding the WTC isn't generating sales ?

No I dont think it pointless at all. Lets say trs stop wasting money on raga and split the cash to Jack price dan peace eddie and say some jap kid. This creates four riders up and coming who could affect sales. You could say that now is the time for veritgo and trs to pick up 4/5 in the top ten and get some top lads out on their new bikes, uk as much as wtc, but it doesn't seem to be happening.....

• Like 1