Oset motor service.

kingkopity

Evening all. Has anyone had experience of servicing the 48v Oset motor? The bike is a 2016 20.0 racing. I have noticed the bearings getting noisy and from reading comments by a couple of the electric bike gurus on this forum it sounds as if there may be dirt/damage inside. While slowly rotating the back wheel with chain still attached there is quite noticeable points of increased resistance. I have seen that i can purchase bearings and brush set from Oset for quite a sensible price and currently deciding weather to strip the motor and give it a service or send it away to someone more familiar with the inner workings. Thank you all for your time.

Mike.

Had a similar noise from a 16r few years ago and same tight spots when turning wheel. I'd recommend taking chain off and cleaning with petrol and then re lubing with wd40. Try the motor to check for noise with chain off. When re setting chain tension turn wheel in case of chain tight in particular area and adjust accordingly. My experience was a dry chain interals and tight in areas, I was convinced it was bearings., Been fine since with WD40 as chain lube. Oset always helpful themselves. Hope this is worth a try.

Hi, did you have any luck? my problem was I was using a bike chain lube that was too thick and not penetrating the links, therefore dry chain internals. Hence change to WD40 , plus chain tension needs to be a balance between all areas when you rotate wheel as there is tight spots. I hope this solved your problem, let me know.