Don't want these Ads? Why not sign up as a Trials Central Supporter.

neandethal

alternative kickstart/knuckles

10 posts in this topic

well solved the clutch slip/kickstart issue, put it all together and started to kick it over when the kickstart went all floppy again. Damn i thought its the springs again but no this time the kickstart knuckle has cracked through so it cant grip!!

InMotion have it listed but out of stock, has anyone ever found an alternative that fits, tried all my ductai/benelli ones to no avail, or know of a source of knuckles.

Don't want these Ads? Why not sign up as a Trials Central Supporter.

unfortunately when i go to order shipping comes out at $236, so a non-starter, like my Ossa, have emailed to query why so ridiculously high:(

Edited by neandethal

eBay an original type.

Just watch out if you are ordering an ebay bargain from the States that some of their bikes used a fine spline that I have never seen over here in the UK.

Don't ask me how I know this :(

Fine spline is for early bikes up to about '72, maybe '73 and applies to UK bikes too, same with gear shaft.  As for new knuckle, I know someone who bought one of the new knuckles from Ossaworld and it snapped straightaway. I'd look for an original used kickstart personally, there's one on ebay UK now which looks to be coarse spline. You need to look at the spline on your shaft and determine whether it's fine or coarse.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OSSA-mar-trials-bike-kickstarter-lever-70s-80s-/162677469118?hash=item25e0552fbe:g:KxgAAOSwn45Zvt1e

Thanks to all,

I got in touch with Steve Sell and he has knuckles so have ordered one from him plus a clutch lightening arm, but may buy the one on ebay if it doesnt go too silly for contingency.