oil or atf

jacker994

hi all i have a sherco 2013 sherco st 300 and have just changed my oil using 10w40 i was just wondering what engine / gear oil you use in your bikes, i have heard some talk of using atf and it being better than the standard gear oil that is recommended, has  any body done this and found any notable changes or differences cheers all 

TRS (sort of) specs ATF. So does Vertigo. Lots of people have used it in the GG over the years, although I prefer a heavy gear oil in mine... makes it shift a little less like a lorry. I'm pretty sure Sherco specs a 75W gear oil, so you might just want to stick with that. But ATF is used in a lot of trials bikes.

For the last eighteen months I have been using ATF in my Sherco ST 125.  However the clutch became increasingly on/off.  After doing the Beta clutch fix etc I decided to go back to using the much more expensive Putolin GP 10.  It is now much nicer, more slippable and controllable.