Rev 3 Engine Into Techno Frame

t0m541

As per the thread title really.

I've had my '99 250 Techno for years and spent a fair few quid keeping it right and replacing stuff as it wears out.

As is well known, the stator on these bikes is fragile and has the tendency to cause loads of issues and are like hens teeth to find these days.

Currently the bikes running ok but I know time is against me, so I have been toying with the idea of getting a newer engine to transplant in when the time comes.

So the question is, will the Rev 3 engine fit the Techno frame, I understand the early Revs, (up to 2003) were the same crankcase, but what about the later units.

I am aware that I'd need the matching ignition electrics to whatever engine I decide to transplant in to make it work.

I realise there is some that will say, "just get a newer bike", but the old horse was bought for a song years ago as a non running basket case and has been a kind of restoration project and is virtually "new" and is much more capable than my abilities can push it.