Pros and cons of a 290I

guy53

You're buying a bike that's no longer made,so Ossa specific spares might be a problem.The efi system has many different maps that can be downloaded to the bike if you have the IT knowledge and leads to connect  it up.Check out the Ossa forum on here before you buy it.Personally I'd choose a more mainstream brand

• Like 2

Spares can still be had, it depends what you need. I have never broken anything major, just consumables, sprockets etc, which are common across a lot of bikes. If the price is right I would consider it. Mine has been a great bike, my 2013 is my second. It's only a 280i, not a 290, is it the one on kijiji?

Could be worth the risk if you can get it for a good price. I think the fi Ossas took quite a hit in value when production stopped, so you should be careful not to overpay even if you like the look of it. Could be a bike which you get stuck with when you want to move on to something else.

Edited by cleanorbust