Sherpa T engine to frame clearance

cornishflyer

Hi all,

I've just taken delivery of a Sherpa T 250 (serial 158) which is about 80%. I want to treat as a slow project to perhaps do the odd twin shock comp, don't want to go mad polishing and that, want to ride it properly. First thing I need to look at is the bottom of the frame, and the clearance to the engine. the frame is in pretty good condition but the bottom rails are a bit squashed, I would imagine there should be more clearance to the engine that this shouldn't there? It feels like the engine is sitting on the rails at the moment.

Cheers

sherpa_t_3.jpg

sherpa_t_1.jpg

sherpa_t_2.jpg

That is reasonably normal especially on a M158 as those frames are made from soft steel. If you want too just hit the frame under the engine with a rubber hammer that might get them to move down a bit. The frame will end up there again if you hit anything with it, rocks and logs. Graham.

• Like 2

Can also use a bottle jack to push the tubes down. Push against the junction of the frame tubes near the front of the seat (to avoid bending the top frame tube)

If you do it just right the mounting holes will line up nicely too.

It's a common maintenance job on twinshock trials bikes that get ridden in trials.

Edited by feetupfun
another suggestion
  • Like 2