17 sherco st 250 factory - clutch issues

bikemad04

Hi all recently bought a 17 st 250 factory, went practicing today and the engine was warm went to engage gear and the bike was stalling / leaping forward, using the adjuster on the lever I maxed it out and the best I can get is as soon as the lever is not touching the bar the bikes wants to go, which is far to low to have control at low speeds, any ideas? Bike is brand new and has done 3 rides, cheers.

10 minutes ago, pauls320 said:

Take it back to your dealer for advice and or repair....they should be happy to help you out:)

I'm going to ring them tomorrow, hopefully they will cover the cost for me to take it somewhere local as they are a 3 hour drive for me :o 

6 hours ago, oni nou said:

To save mess, try slowly filling the reservoir first and then flick the clutch leaver rapidly a few times and look for a stream of tiny bubbles coming from the hole at the bottom of the reservoir keep flicking the leaver and every now and again slowy pull the leaver to the grip and you should find that you get your clutch fairly quickly  withot having to crack open the bleed nipple at all .

Thanks buddy il try that 

That's the way I've always bled the clutch, just make sure you have a bit of freeplay in the adjuster before you do it so that the piston returns properly & clears the hole

May take you 1/4 hour but it is definitely the easiest way

• Like 1

On 19/09/2017 at 4:16 AM, tony27 said:

That's the way I've always bled the clutch, just make sure you have a bit of freeplay in the adjuster before you do it so that the piston returns properly & clears the hole

May take you 1/4 hour but it is definitely the easiest way

Nice one mate hopefully have a go later.

• 3 weeks later...

My son's 250 Factory had problems with the clutch fluid leaking  this way. The clutch slave hose had too much bend in it and it hit the transmission case and couldn't be tightened properly. I don't know the final solution but sherco had a fix. Talk to your dealer or Ryan Young.

Edited by bultaco82
the need for a better explanation

Interesting topic, missed this earlier. My new 17 300 was perfect til I had an off, immediately it needed adjusted, rode the rest of the trial fine then didn't use it for about a month, then like the OP, couldn't get it to work with stalling and jumping forward, checked the level, nothing. Bled clutch with new oil and it's fine, still nae idea where the fluid went when I had my off though.