Drayton Bantam Exhaust - Repacking

paulmac

7 hours ago, paulmac said:

Has anyone repacked a Drayton Bantam exhaust? Advice appreciated.

Cheers

If the silencer is one of Jims then why not just ring him up and ask ? He's a really nice bloke and i'm sure he is the best bloke to talk to seeing as he built the bike assuming its a "std" Drayton build not a home brewed one with a Drayton frame and parts.

It is one of Jim's bikes and I totally agree he is one of the most helpful and generous individuals I've had the pleasure of dealing with, however I've bombarded him lately and I'm desperate not to 'out stay my welcome' hence the post here.

• Like 1

yep could not agree more, he is a sterling chap and a true gent, not to mention a wicked sense of humour.  anyway to the point, I have not repacked mine, however i think Ian Peberdy did, he felt his was packed a little tight so cut a hole in the back, removed packing and then welded it back up.  he reckoned it helped with the low down performance.  i am not a good enough rider to notice the difference:rolleyes:

• Like 1