salisbury uk

ponksy

Hello

Just joined and just bought a gas gas 125. I am 54 and a complete beginner to trials biking. Does anyone know of a club locally to me?

While i have been looking at some you tube vids on technique does anyone know anyone in the area that might do some formal or one-off skills tutoring.

Any help appreciated. 

Cheers everyone.

Hello, and welcome....

you have, Shaftesbury &DMC , local to you.

Blackmore Vale , also local.

ringwood MCC & LCC , run some really good trials just down the A338.

XHG Tigers, most of their trials are around Blandford/ Poole area.

lots of choice near to you, a few practice areas, including XHG Tigers ground.

enjoy yourself!

hi Blackmore vale trials club have a trial on sunday with a beginners route, s/posted off northern roundabout at 1100 am. Nice and friendly crowd and plenty of encouragement (probably not needed). Come and ride or spectate and ask any questions you may have. look forward to seeing you.

in my opinion you would not go wrong at all trying wilts & dorset mcc Roger Painter runs the club.  series is called "rider friendly series"  3 routes usually held at Chicksgrove.  Roger has been around trials for many years and with his band of loyal helpers puts on some excellent friendly events.

Give Roger a call on  01985 216992 explain the situation and he may be able to help.  

just had a thought what bike do you have??  No monoshocks at Wilts and Dorset.

hi transitman. went to the blackmore event as you suggested. just watched this time. was great fun and everyone was very friendly which was appreciated. very inspirational seeing what some can do.

hope to give it a go next time.

cheers.