No spark

nubsey

At the moment all that has happened is the I have a night time spark. Cannot be seen in daylight.. Next trick is to do the fuel etc. But I am still worried that there is a weak spark. At night it is a nice blue colour. But will it fail under compression? Will try the plug from the lawn mower to see if it is better. I guess that with the grandson being fit he could try and bump start it. The real question is how strong does my spark need to be. Bring back points and condensers. Also is 80 to ! right. Thats nearly neat petrol. I was thinking 50 to 1 max.

Hi Chaps , and thanks for all your help.

We now have a runner. Smokes like a chiminy, but I guess thats because I put in  50/1 fuel.

I think it was the tips for fresh fuel and a few drops straight into the cylinder that done the trick in the end.

I Just found out that Grandson has never ridden a real bike before. So quote of the day from Connon. "I'm revving it but it won't go".

I had to keep telling him to pull in the clutch he said he was but the bike just kept on going. So now the real fun starts.

Once again many thanks to everyone for all your help.

Nubsey

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, nubsey said:

We now have a runner. Smokes like a chiminy, but I guess thats because I put in  50/1 fuel.

shouldn't smoke at 50:1 that's what I run my gasser on and its smoke free :thumbup:

I use Silkolene Comp2 or Castrol TTS with very little smoke

Edited by suzuki250

The bike has been laid up for a couple of years. So perhaps it needs a good run.The main thing is it now runs. Might be a bit of excess oil getting in from clutch. The oil we put in was Putoline TT trials pro. Sounds grand but who knows.

We will see what happens.

I hope that is the case, but deep in my heart I suspect that it needs a new crank oil seal. And of course it will be the one on the gear box side. But Ho Hum, I am actually enjoying messing with the grandson and showing him how engines work.

He has ridden the bike around the garden, and the grin one his face was worth a million dollars.

He had told me that he had ridden a mates bike before, so he knew what he was doing.

So Quote of the week for Connon my Grandson is. Granddad I'm revving  it but it won't go.

Now needs to learn about clutch and gearbox etc. Not to sure who is having more fun, me or him.

• Like 1