327 won't rev!

dmc2028372

I've got an 89 GG 327 aire that runs perfectly up to 70% or so rev but then starts to splutter almost as if it's still cold and warming up. No matter how hard I rev and try to clear it out it never really gets there. I've cleaned and cleaned the carb but to no avail. Any ideas people??

6 minutes ago, paulc76 said:

Might be reeds but they normally cause low speed running problems is the ignition all ok advancing as it should ? what jets are in your carb? I will be pulling the carb off mine tommorrow night I will have a look at whats in it

Thankyou. Let me know and I'll have a look

14 hours ago, paulc76 said:

my carb is set up as follows

dellorto phbl25

Slide 40

Pilot 33

Main 92

Needle 036 second clip down from top

Hope this helps mine runs perfectly 

My Ignition timing by the way is set at 1.8mm btdc

Thanks. I'll let you know the outcome 

I had a couple of the larger bikes in the 90's and they both suffered from the same problem as you describe. I ended up putting smaller main jets in to get them to rev freely, and if I remember correctly they were a lot smaller than the standard ones that they came with, sorry I cant remember what the exact sizes were though.  Also mine were new out of the box and had this issue, I had in the back of my mind maybe it was to stop over revving the bike during the break in period!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 28/09/2017 at 11:08 AM, sherpa325 said:

"I had in the back of my mind maybe it was to stop over revving the bike during the break in period!"

Not trying to be picky here;

BUT if you knew this could happen to any bike would you like to explain how a certain Brand New GasGas 300 seized within 2 minutes of you riding it? Not to mention it was someone else's Christmas present!

not being picky

cheers

brt650

Well I'm not too big to admit I may have the cc capacity of the bike incorrect, But I didn't want to put said owner/ Christmas gift receiver through all that pain again trying to receiving that information . I believe you drove off leaving him to repair the damage you caused. Not much damage really. A barrel, piston kit and gaskets. It was probably due for a de-coke anyway. I guess he had to wait till his birthday to get those items.

I'm also lead to believe his Aunty drove two hours to watch him ride his new gift. I guess she probably watched him ride it on his birthday. No biggie.

I wish you were my friend

just saying

cheers