Cdi mounting

huski

Hi all,I've recently got a 2013 300 factory replica.Had to remove the tank,I've noticed the cdi just sits there with nothing to secure it there apart from it sitting on top of the radiator and being held down by the tank.Theres a loop welded to the frame,but if I cable tie to that it sits too high and I can't get the tank on .It looks like the cdi is too big to fit in the space? Any ideas please

• 2 weeks later...

On 9/26/2017 at 6:14 AM, huski said:

Hi all,I've recently got a 2013 300 factory replica.Had to remove the tank,I've noticed the cdi just sits there with nothing to secure it there apart from it sitting on top of the radiator and being held down by the tank.Theres a loop welded to the frame,but if I cable tie to that it sits too high and I can't get the tank on .It looks like the cdi is too big to fit in the space? Any ideas please

That's how my 2013 250 Pro is setup.  The wiring loom is pretty messy and packed up under there, but it's mile better than my Scorpa.

I've been thinking about try to make a setup similar to the Sherco / Scorpa / Beta with the CDI hanging on the side of the cylinder, but since it's been working fine so far, I haven't had a need for it.