Electric World STK-200

tommer2

Just ordered this and have one more question for any one that has used one.  Is it as easy as it sounds?  Put the rotor on, mount the stator in the middle of the slots (that sets it at 8 degrees BTDC) and adjust that as needed, wire it up and you're done?? Sounds to easy. Also after installing it do you just take the points,advance unit and the backing plate out then put the bolt back in? Thanks in advance!  Thom

image.jpeg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/26/2017 at 9:38 PM, cub200 said:

I've fitted that STK200 to a couple of Cubs now and they both started 1st or second kick after fitting. Just follow the fitting instructions and you can't go wrong. Very nice original bike you have there, was it a Mountain Cub ?

Hi Again. Can you expound on this installation a little more. I've got the instructions. Looks very easy. It says to mount stator in the middle of the mounting holes. That should be 8 degrees BTDC. Install the rotor,wire it up and adjust timing if needed by rotating the stator  left to advance or right to retard timing. Ok simple enough. So no need to set the piston anywhere? I mean you don't need to use a degree wheel and set the piston 8 degrees BTDC? This thing does everything automatically??? Thanks again, Thom

IMG_3910.PNG

Got it installed today. Just used the instructions that came with it. Got a big fat blue spark!!  Ran out of time today will kick it over tomorrow. Thanks again. 

Well the little sucker started second kick!!  This is such a simple unit!  Good riddance to the ET ignition!  I will say one thing, it's kind of touchy to get the stator mounted just right on the primary covers mounting pegs. I actually had the rotor rubbing a little the first time I kicked it over. Like I said started right up but scrapped the rotor on the stator a little. It's a little scrapped up but no problems. Man what a BIG blue spark!!  Thanks again Electrex World!? Thanks to all who chimed in. 

• Like 2