1999 gasgas 321 spark gone after a fall

fatboyz

Sorry guys and girls me back again but defo no spark must have looked odd garage lights going on and off , and woodruff key perfect , coil seems to have the same/similar ohms readings to my cota 315r ........ 

Got to be the cdi .... right ??

Hi all Nubsey here. Yes the Grandson is available for hire to check for voltage/current.

I think that this is quite a simple problem. The trouble is none of us are there. Sorry for the old time terminology, but you have just dropped the bike.

Stick with the basics. Can you check the spark plug, I.E. stick it in a lawn mower or another bike. If that works. Do you have a  multimeter. Yes then take the wire from the primary coil, that is the small one to the coil. put the multimeter between that and earth. Give the bike a kick. {With the kickstart of course} and see if the meter moves. If it does then great, you have voltage to the coil. Now check out the high tension side.forget a spark plug can you get the big wire from the coil, to reach the cylinder head, or some other earth. If so hold it near to it and give the bike another kick. Is there a spark.

Remember, just work your way backwards. Start with the plug, and work back to the start of the ignition system. I guarantee that it is something very simple.

For checking the coil. You should get about 5 ohms on the primary side. Yes the little wire. And about 10,000 to 14,000 on the secondary side.

But I have never known coils to go down before . Although with my gas gas it could be a first.

If you do not have a multimeter. grab the wire to the primary side of the coil. Wet your fingers put your hand on the tank, and kick over. Do you fell a tingle. It is only a few volts. Or buy a cheap multimeter.

Nubsey

Morning , yea checked kill switch and unplugged it to try that still the same, checked all earth's untaped any bits of the loom I could find to test checked all plugs checked continuity each side of em all but may try a new cap later haven't tried that , this forum is great so many people trying to help ?

Found a cheap ish cdi and coil ,changed ....... all good we have a spark again , I thought cdi bit also as I was resistance testing the secondaryon the coil I would loose a reading if the ht lead was pulled a certain way ,thand for all the help ,and if anyone has a 125 trials about a 2000 could do a swap with this one ( maybe for the safety of the missus ?)