1999 gasgas 321 spark gone after a fall

fatboyz

Just bought my girlfriend this bike so we can ride together took it out for the first time got her on it off up the hill she went got towards the top bit to stiff and a bit too much throttle and up she came flipped off the back on grass nothing to bad she was ok pretty much just stepped off it ,but now the bike has no spark can anyone help I've started stripping but just need a bit of help now all plugs connecters look ok many thanks Dave (bristol )

Edited by fatboyz

2 hours ago, lineaway said:

You might want to pull the flywheel and check the wood rough key has not sheared.

I was the thinking about that but wouldn't it still spark just not at the right time , the flywheel doesn't seem loose and spins when it's kicked over , thanks for your help 

On older bikes, as yours is, I'd hazard a guess, the fall has dislodged one of your spade connectors.

We all change a lot of the consumables, but cheap spade connectors deteriorate over time but we never check 'em. Get the tank off and have a look and feel. Pull and check each one, looking is never the same as feeling!

Edited by jonboy883

Thanks for all the ideas I did try the kill switch and will change all the spades I can find tonight , as for the girlfriend starting on a 321 its all I could find at good money , I wanted a 125 really but this one came up local at a good price 

Thanks for all the ideas I did try the kill switch and will change all the spades I can find tonight , as for the girlfriend starting on a 321 its all I could find at good money , I wanted a 125 really but this one came up local at a good price 

I've just been out now check continuity each side of all plugs and connectors spades etc ...... nothing , checked continuity with the 3 wires just as they come out the engine to plug at the top too , starting to get annoyed now ?? any ideas peops ???