TXT Pro 250 or Rev 3 250 for beginner?

lacey9

Hi guys,

looking for my first Trial bike after retiring from motocross. I've got my eyes on a couple of bikes, both 2007 - a TXT Pro 250 and a Rev 3 250. Both look in good condition, appear to have been looked after and both the same asking price. 

So, given the condition of them i'm struggling to decide on the best option. Could anyone offer a bit of advice where i'd generally be better off spending my money?

thank all.

As been said both bikes are good in there own way,also test ride both bikes if possible because they feel totally different as oni nou says.Gas Gas will have the famous clutch rattle.which will disappear when clutch lever is pulled in.also they are prone to kickstart gears chipping,video's on you tube.Beta prone for water pump case corrosion and the Stator failing. other than that both are good bikes.

• Like 1

Have had both and this is my two cents...

A Beta will typically be able to take more abuse than Gas Gas.  The Gas Gas is a bit more fun to ride as it's light and spunky feeling.  

Gas Gas as stated have possible kick start gear chipping issue, are more finicky on internal engine adjustments for the transmission (eccentric adjust) and internal shifting shaft is weaker and more likely to become damaged in a crash or by hard use. (split the case to fix)  

As stated Beta has the possibility of water pump corrosion and stator issues and can also be prone to sticky clutch plates (Beta clutch fix is a good idea if not already done)

I think most would also agree with my experience and say Beta's are more often a bit more mellow in comparison to the same year Gas Gas but that's not a guaranty (ether can be improved/mellowed more with a slow throttle tube).  

In summary I would guess the Beta would be better, however personal taste and a test ride is your best way to tell what you will do best with.

All this is assuming condition is the same or close.  Better condition would likely win me over quick on witch to get.  

Good luck!

Both good,assuming they are similar condition,whichever one you like riding the best.Gasgas is lighter,and feels more modern,but has a suspension linkage to maintain which the Beta doesn't,Beta mudguards are easier to break and are expensive,carb needs careful setting up.Check out the forums on here regarding the Beta clutches and carb,hopefully they've both been done.Gasgas clutch rattles with the bike in neutral,quietens with clutch pulled in,4/5th gear change can be loud,gives an indication of how much work the bike has done as it gets worse with use.The gearbox won't take motocross style gear changes but is fine for trials use.

• Like 1