Beta evo 4t Fan - only 2volts

thall1

im only getting 2volts at the fan....its running but very slowly.....and engine overheats

ive had a look at the wiring diagram on line but cant quite make it out...its not very readable - any one got a better copy?

Anyone got any ideas where the voltage is going?

Fan isn't rubbing...if I put a 12volt supply on it then runs ok nice and smooth.....2v is from the fan connection on the loom side....I also have 2 volts from the redundant lighting connections. The 'loop' that was connected to the front light connector has been removed.

Any ideas which wires to use to check the regulator output?...ive had a look at the drawing on line and cant really make it out

Had the same problem with my 2016 Evo 4T last week , fan running but very slowly.

Took rear mudguard off and one of the plastic connectors that are above the carb had come lose ,but not separated, just making partial contact, sprayed with contact cleaner pushed it back together and the fan ran at normal speed again.

• Like 1

Thall1

Don't know where you have got your diagrams from but https://www.betausa.com/content/support is a very good source.

The owner's manuals have wiring diagrams.   The earlier ones were poorly reproduced, but if you look at 2014 onwards they are much easier to read.  Unless you have indicators etc fitted I suggest you look within each manual for the simplified "race" version, which cuts things down to basics.  The "homologated" diagrams are more complex and show handlebar light switches, etc,  which most of us don't have.

If you go back to the 2013 manual, on page 66 it gives some resistance readings for doing a generator check.  This might also help.

I don't think they've changed things much over the years, although I may be wrong regards the last couple of years (the regulator rectifier may have changed spec and been moved, not sure).

You mentioned in another thread that some lighting wires had been looped together.  This might have fried the generator and/or the regulator/rectifier, but you may be lucky.  It may be a simple connector problem, as chappo experienced.

ALL FIXED!!...stator turned out ok...dodgy meter probe threw me off line!...fitted a second regulator/rectifier but still didn't get 12v....had the bike running and for some reason I disconnected the fuel solenoid.....revs went up slightly and the meter read 10.5v!!

thanks for all your replies!