Checking waterpump and fan

nubsey

Hi all again, more questions i'm afraid.

How can you tell if the water pump is pumping, and how can you tell if the fan is functioning correctly.

We have run the bike for a few minutes and the engine got hot.but the fan never kicked in.

Don't want to blow the bike up, now that I have just got it going.

Nubsey

Thanks oni nou.. Message received and understood. Just got to find the bits. But I know exactly what you are saying. I was wondering if you can remove the radiator cap and watch the water flowing past in the radiator, as one would do in a car.

Many thanks Nubsey

4 hours ago, nubsey said:

Thanks oni nou.. Message received and understood. Just got to find the bits. But I know exactly what you are saying. I was wondering if you can remove the radiator cap and watch the water flowing past in the radiator, as one would do in a car.

Many thanks Nubsey

They do flow continuously as there is no thermostat to prevent it, but not sure just how much you can see. As the motor warms the radiator should as well if coolant is circulating, and it will take a while to get things up to the 95C or whatever it is set at to close the thermo switch and enguage the fan.